Tuesday, November 22, 2016

An Open Letter to the World

An open letter to the world
Dear world
what a crazy year we have had, right? A lot of stuff has happened. Disney Infinity was shut down, Young Justice got greenlit for a third season, we got 2 major DC films and 2 major Marvel Films, I was proven right and I was proven wrong.

This is the week of Thanksgiving. Many years ago, colonists from England left their homes for a better land. When they got here many got sick and several died. It was through the kindness of the natives that these pilgrims were able to establish a living for themselves on the new land. To celebrate their friendship, the pilgrims and the Natives held a grand feast and gave thanks for the many blessings that they have received.

No one was persecuted for their religion.
No one was unwelcomed.
Everyone was thankful.


This Thanksgiving, I invite everyone to consider the blessings that they have been blessed with. Give thanks for the great things that you were able to do. Give thanks for the opportunities that you were given. Give thanks for the lives that you have been able to touch and maybe even the lives that have touched yours.

I started this blog with a simple hope to get better at writing and share my thoughts with a wider audience with the eventual end that I would work as a writer. Over the course of this year I have had a lot of people like, comment, share, and discuss my work here. I am thankful for that. Every like and share I get isn’t just a like. I see it as a gesture that someone believes in what I am doing here. For all of you who have seen the stuff I have written on my blog, I thank you.

Thank you world for your perseverance through trial.
Thank you world for being so welcoming and kind.
Thank you world for sticking to your guns.
Happy thanksgiving everyone.

With thanks,
-          Taylor Campbell

-          Writer, dreamer, and thankful member of Planet Earth.
Peanuts International

No comments:

Post a Comment