Sunday, May 1, 2016

Spiritual Sundays- 100%

Sometimes I really like video games (sometimes I really DON”T like video games) and one thing I have noticed with a  lot of games these days is that there is a lot more than just story mode that is happening in it. Because of this, you could go through the complete story and “finish the game” but there are a lot of side missions that make it rather difficult to attain 100% completion. Often times if you go ahead and do 100%, even if you don’t quite hit it you usually get extra rewards and bonus upgrades that make a world of difference when going through the game.

So what is 100% then? When we commit to do certain things for people or for the Lord, we commit to give it 100%, and that means a little bit more than just doing the basics. You give it your all. You do your work and you do it well.

In The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, God has set up a way for the entire congregation to be looked after, taught, and fellowshipped. We call it home teaching. Now a famous stereotype goes around every so often the Home Teaching is one of those things that just will never get done. But I remember one semester that I had home teachers come faithfully every month to check on how I was doing and see if I needed any help. They always came prepared with a lesson that was tailored to me and my needs and they hardly did anything without inviting me to come along with them. that was a 100% type of job. They worked hard, and they made sure I was always being taken care of, and they went beyond the minimum requirements to say they “did their home teaching”.


This week, as we move forward, let’s remember what it means to put a full 100% effort into anything we do, be it school, work, social, or spiritual. It will deepen your life and bring you more satisfaction than simply getting the minimum acquired.

No comments:

Post a Comment